Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Evaluation

Every once in a while, it's a good idea to take evaluation.  Today I had my first language evaluation in Paraguay.  I had two or three when I was in Mexico, and they really help to know how much language I have learned and retained.  It also helps to know what I should begin studying next!  Today's evaluation is, in a sense, preliminary; now I will know what I need to study, relearn (I've lost a lot of vocabulary & verb usage in the past 18 months), and a general starting point for my Spanish study here in Paraguay. 

And, to celebrate, when I got home I ate a celebratory dinner: rice & beans with Guarana.  
By far, one of my favorite meals. 

PS--I made the beans in my pressure cooker!  The fear of the pressure cooker is dissipating. :-)

1 comment:

kim said...

my dear cuz....rice and beans are my fav..grandmom would make it every time i saw her...mmmm hang in there!!!