Sunday, March 29, 2009

Copper Canyon

Our first stop (after arranging for three rooms at the hostel) was at Copper Canyon.
The canyon is the home of the Tarahumara tribal group, and is greater in volume than the Grand Canyon.
My second swinging bridge in 6 months, but the first time to cross one!  All I could think about was a book I read in high school called "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" about a swinging bridge that broke!
Here I am (in yellow) out on the bridge with two of the guys from the work group I went with.
There is a Tarahumara house in a cave on the side of this mountain.  It is the beige spot just south west of the center of the photo.  They are building a stone wall on the outside.
At the top of a cliff in Copper Canyon!

1 comment:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Or what about the bridge in Shrek! :) LOL! Wow, that's amazing scenery!