Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Rest: He is Risen!

 Over Easter weekend, I was able to take a lot of time to rest--which is exactly what I needed.  On Good Friday some friends and I went to a neighborhood nearby and observed a "walking theater" of sorts put on by the local Catholic church.  I was really impressed at how well it followed scripture, and through 14 different stations, or stops, would present a short part of the story and read or quote scripture.  As the walked from station to station, they would recite or sing prayers.  It was a really great opportunity to see a traditional neighborhood event for Easter. 

Jesus before Pilate

This is just a portion of the group

In a small plaza in the middle of the neighborhood, there was an area set up to mimic the crucifixion.


I hope you had a good Easter weekend and had the opportunity to reflect on what the Lord has done for us!

No comments: