Monday, July 04, 2011

My Superhero Brother

Last week when I flew into Louisiana, my brother came right over after work to see me. It was so fun to see him in uniform for the first time! Despite that he was active duty for 4 years, we never were able to be around each other during that time. He's been in the reserves for nearly a year now, and was called to active duty for a few months this summer. It was fun to see him in uniform.

Lately, my brother has been running 5k races around town. I'm really proud of him, so when I discovered he would be running in Shreveport's Firecracker 5k this morning, I decided I would get up early to come take pictures of him running. Little did I know...he had plans of his own, long before he knew I was coming!

Tim & I on Tuesday when I arrived in Louisiana

The Flash, Venom (Tim), and Spider Man arriving at the race. It was fun to hear people gasp, dads getting their kids attention, and just general shock that these guys planned to run the race!

The guys made me so proud, happily posing with many little kids while waiting for the race to start.

And, of course, I needed a picture with Venom!
Venom finished the race around 30 minutes--running in a full-body spandex suit makes it a little harder to keep your regular time!

No comments: