Sunday, October 31, 2010

Campiando

This weekend the Latinos from the Spanish church wanted to go camping--and camp we did! We had about 8 tents set up, a large bonfire, boiling lard, campfire games, devotions, exploring, and soccer. BOILING LARD? Yes...boiling lard. You'll soon see the picture. Camping was a great way to spend time together, hang out with friends, and get to know a few acquaintances better.

There's a distinct possibility I could've stayed in this tent for months...but I actually stayed in a 2 person tent with a friend. That one was a bit small for two for one night. :-)

Here's that boiling lard: heat it up over the fire, toss a little salt with it, and fry the pork!

I'm not even sure how many layers we had between us, but we certainly weren't cold!

Up early enough to see the fog rise off the lake...in my book, waaaaay too early!

Breakfast was tamales...so good!

This baby basically put herself to sleep last night at 9pm, slept all night, and then woke up happy! What an easy-going baby!

Getting up early had one plus

Emanuel and I had a fun time exploring the woods--the boys were forced to hold hands with an adult, but I think by the end I may have gained a friend. It helps to sing ridiculous songs!

We played "Pato, Pato, Ganso", had a three-legged race, and a foot race.

Then we hit up the playground for all it was worth, and Ronda and I got quite a ride in the barrel! A friend pushed us, and had us going pretty high.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

No comments: