Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mexico to Missouri

This is the Rio Grande. Despite driving to Mexico a few times, this is the first time I saw it.

I got to see my brother when I was in Louisiana. He's living there now because he's finished with the Navy.

I was able to get a new-to-me car when I got back to NC. I love it, and the drive to Missouri was great!

There was a lot of snow my first day driving. I drove from NC to Missouri during the "Coldest Week in 25 Years".

This is the beautiful view in front of the Baers' house. I was able to catch up with them for a few days, and due to weather got some extra time in!

My car was ready for the drive--we didn't want to have to clean it (or de-ice it!) early the next morning.

Day 2 of driving had some challenges, because of the salted roads & frozen wiper fluid. But the up side was that I got Taco Bell for the first time in over a year!

And I reached Missouri safely--here is the St. Louis Arch.

1 comment:

Melissa G. said...

We had to deal with frozen wiper fluid on our drive to MO too!
You missed Taco Bell and you were living in Mexciao? For some reason that doesn't seem right. =)